Welcome to the Suffolk Ornithologists’ Group
We are the voice of Suffolk birdwatchers
– an independent birding group and registered charity,
founded in 1973.
In February 2019 it was agreed that the Suffolk Ornithologists’ Group would be renamed the Suffolk Bird Group. This website will therefore no longer be updated as we are in the process of developing our new site at www.suffolkbirdgroup.org.
For enjoyment: providing birding resources
- 20+ annual field trips
- Programme of talks and presentations plus birding dedicated media
- The quarterly magazine and annual review of Suffolk Birds
For conservation: protecting birds
We help protect habitats and extend birding amenities
- We encourage conservation projects that have secured excellent outcomes:
- Helping to return breeding Peregrines to Suffolk after 200 years
- Reversing the county’s declining Barn Owl population
- Supporting the Swift nest box programme
- Encouraging focused Farmland Birds work
- Assisting in the BTO Atlas and other surveys
Membership of SOG is open to anyone with an interest in the birds of Suffolk.
You can join SNS or SOG or both using this form: SOG/SNS Membership Form 2019
If you are a UK tax payer and are able to complete a Gift Aid form the latest form is here: SOG/SNS Gift Aid Form 2019